Christmas is a wonderful time of the year. And saying that I really mean it. For me, those couple of days are about meeting with family, having good food and just enjoying the time together.
The presents are nice to have but definitely not a must-have. I definitely prefer to give them rather than to receive them.
The worst part though is the long waiting until the 24th of December until it all starts.
To shorten the waiting I have decided to give you a small gift. An Advent Calendar with my favorite Christmas quotes.
Enjoy and share the Christmas quotes with your friends and families so you can make their waiting shorter too. And please, keep in mind that like in real Advent Calendar, you can read only one quote each day. 🙂
24 best Christmas quotes of all time. A perfect way for you to shorten the long waiting for the Santa Clause.
- At Christmas, all roads lead home. – Marjorie Holmes
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. – Calvin Coolidge
- Believe in the magic of Christmas. – unknown
- Christmas is the day that holds all time together. – Alexander Smith
- Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand. – Dr. Seuss
- I wish we could put some of the Christmas spirits in jars and open a jar of it every month. – Harlan Miller
- He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. – Roy L. Smith
- Christmas… is not an external event at all, but a piece of one’s home that caries in one’s heart. – Freya Stark
- The magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest gifts are family and friends. – unknown
- It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who is around it. – unknown
- My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is simple: loving others. – Bob Hope
- I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year. – Charles Dickens
- Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas. – Dale Evans
- There are two ways of spreading lights: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. – Edith Wharton
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. – Burton Hills
- Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection. – Winston Churchill
- Peace on Earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day. – Helen Steiner Rice
- Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps… means a little bit more. – unknown
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. – Elf (2003)
- A joy that is shared is a joy made double. – John Roy
- Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. – Janice Maeditere
- From home to home, from the heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth of Christmas brings us closer to each other. – unknown
- We should try to hold on to the Christmas spirit, not just one day a year, but all 365. – Mary Martin
- It’s not about presents, it’s not about food. It’s about family time. That’s a Christmas time. – Maria Carrion
We wish you all a peaceful Merry Christmas. Get some rest from the work and all the daily duties. And just enjoy your time with the ones you love the most.
If you enjoyed the Christmas quotes and you would like to read more, check out the following articles here at ediblorial: